VOLUNTEER VACANCY | 2019
BEIRUT ART FAIR invites arts enthusiasts to apply to be part of our Volunteer Programme, a structured initiative which sees young people get involved in all aspects of the fair and experience its programmes first-hand. Our volunteers serve as the ambassadors of the event and play a vital role in ensuring the successful execution of the event.
About BEIRUT ART FAIR (18-22 Sept 2019)
Since its creation in 2010, BEIRUT ART FAIR has served to both spotlight and reinforce a dynamic art market that today finds itself in full expansion, both in Lebanon and in the broader ME.NA. region. Concretely, this dynamism is supported by a series of initiatives, both institutional and private, that contribute directly to an increased valuation of local and regional artists, both modern and contemporary. In 9 years, BEIRUT ART FAIR has become an international artistic event that attracts an ever greater number of visitors to Lebanon: professionals and art lovers from the region and from around the world.
- Ensure mediation between visitors and galleries during BEIRUT ART FAIR: show a thorough understanding of the artworks exhibited; welcoming, guiding and answering the visitors.
- Ability to take over groups for guided tours of BEIRUT ART FAIR & BEIRUT ART WEEK.
- Provide other appropriate duties related to BEIRUT ART FAIR’s successful completion.
- Support BEIRUT ART FAIR’s team on multi-task requests.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree or students in their final BA year in social sciences, art history, or related studies is required.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year in art gallery, institution or art fair; but motivated students without experience are welcome.
- Languages: Excellent oral communication in English is required; French, Arabic or any other languages are a plus.
- Digital and social media: Demonstrable knowledge and experience in social media